Start saving early!
It’s never too early to begin building a foundation for a strong financial future. At NCFCU, we believe that providing youth with the tools to establish and manage their finances will prepare them for a successful financial journey. Our Wilderness Savings Club branches into four groups that focus on age-appropriate goals to help establish positive financial habits:
- Ages 0-4: Sprout Savers
- Ages 5-9: Forest Friends
- Ages 10-13: Eagle Earners
- Ages 14-18: Park Rangers
Wilderness Savings Club Rewards
- Sprout Savers: Deposits from parents and grandparents
- Forest Friends + Eagle Earners: Get rewarded with Buford Bucks* for every deposit made to their savings account. Redeem Buford Bucks for gift cards to popular stores and restaurants.
- Park Rangers: Earn a Membership Card* sticker for each $20 deposit made to their savings account. Redeem a full Membership Card for gift cards to popular stores and restaurants.
Rewards Redemption Levels
How to redeem rewards:
When your saver is ready to redeem their rewards, complete a Wilderness Savings Club Redemption Form and give it to an NCFCU employee. They’ll receive their selected gift card of choice* by mail or email within 7-10 business days.
*Each youth member is entitled to redeem two (2) rewards per month. Gift card options selected from qualifying list. Please see an NCFCU employee for options.
- $1-$20 = 1 Buford Buck
- $21-$40 = 2 Buford Bucks
- $41-$60 = 3 Buford Bucks
- $61-$80 = 4 Buford Bucks
- $81-$100 = 5 Buford Bucks
- $101 + up = 6 Buford Bucks
- 10 Membership Card Stickers = Gift Card